Effective date: 1st November 2021
Welcome to Vitrina. Please read on to learn the rules and restrictions that govern your use of our website(s), products, services and applications (the “Services”). If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these terms or the Services, please contact us at:
Address: 333 Ravenswood Avenue, #AE116, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Please read these Terms carefully. They cover important information about Services provided to you and any charges, taxes, and fees we bill you. These Terms include information about future changes to these Terms, automatic renewals, limitations of liability, a class action waiver and resolution of disputes by arbitration instead of in court. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
ARBITRATION NOTICE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
Will these Terms ever change?
We are constantly trying to improve our Services, so these Terms may need to change along with our Services. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time, but if we do, we will place a notice on our site located at https://vitrina.ai/, send you an email, and/or notify you by some other means.
If you don’t agree with the new Terms, you are free to reject them; unfortunately, that means you will no longer be able to use the Services. If you use the Services in any way after a change to the Terms is effective, that means you agree to all of the changes.
Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and us.
What about my privacy?
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under sixteen (16) years of age; if you are a child under sixteen (16) years of age, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Services or send us any personal information. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under sixteen (16) years of age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under sixteen (16) years of age may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
What are the basics of using Vitrina?
You may be required to sign up for an account, select a password and user name (“Vitrina User ID”), and provide us with certain information or data, such as your contact information. You promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself. You may not select as your Vitrina User ID a name that you do not have the right to use, or another person’s name with the intent to impersonate that person. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission.
You represent and warrant that you are an individual of legal age to form a binding contract. If you’re agreeing to these Terms on behalf of an organization or entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to agree to these Terms on that organization’s or entity’s behalf and bind them to these Terms (in which case, the references to “you” and “your” in these Terms, except for in this sentence, refer to that organization or entity).
You will only use the Services for your own internal, personal use, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party. You will comply with all laws that apply to you, your use of the Services, and your actions and omissions that relate to the Services (for example, Providers must comply with all laws that relate to the Provider Services (as defined below)). If your use of the Services is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren’t authorized to use the Services. We can’t and won’t be responsible for your using the Services in a way that breaks the law.
You will not share your Vitrina User ID, account or password with anyone, and you must protect the security of your Vitrina User ID, account, password and any other access tools or credentials. You’re responsible for any activity associated with your Vitrina User ID and account.
Connecting Providers and Clients
Some of Vitrina’s Services connect those providing certain goods and/or services (“Providers”) and those looking to acquire those goods and/or services (“Clients”). When we use the word “you” in these Terms, it refers to any user, regardless of whether he or she is a Provider or Client, while if we use one of those specific terms, it only applies to that category of user. Note that the same user will qualify in different categories of users depending on his/her/its specific use of the Services – for example, a Provider may in other circumstances also act as a Client. Before receiving goods and/or services from any Provider (“Provider Services”), Clients are responsible for making their own determinations that the Provider is suitable. Vitrina is only responsible for connecting Providers and Clients through the Vitrina platform, and Vitrina can’t and won’t be responsible for making sure that Provider Services are actually provided or are up to a certain standard of quality (or that Provider Services don’t violate any third party rights). Vitrina similarly can’t and won’t be responsible for ensuring that information (including credentials) a Client or Provider provides about himself or herself or about the Provider Services he or she is offering is accurate or up-to-date. We don’t control the actions of any Client or Provider, and Providers aren’t our employees.
Notwithstanding anything else, (A) Providers are independent contractors of Clients and not employees, partners, representatives, agents, joint venturers, independent contractors or franchisees of Vitrina, (B) neither these Terms nor any Provider Services creates or constitutes any agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship, and (C) none of the parties (including any other user of the Services) has any authority of any kind to bind any of the other parties in any respect. Vitrina does not offer the Provider Services and does not employ individuals to perform the Provider Services. You hereby acknowledge that Vitrina does not supervise, direct, control or monitor Providers or Clients and expressly disclaims any responsibility and liability related to the Provider Services, including, but not limited to, any warranty or condition of good and workmanlike services, warranty or condition of quality or fitness for a particular purpose, intellectual property infringement, or compliance with any law, regulation, or code.
Note that if you enter into any separate agreements outside of the Services and/or the Vitrina platform, you acknowledge that Vitrina is not a party to and isn’t responsible for enforcing any such outside, separate agreement.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you as a Provider enter into any agreement outside of your relationship with Vitrina or a Client you meet through Vitrina), you expressly agree that such agreement will in no way alter or affect the enforceability of your agreement with Vitrina with respect to the Services.
Vitrina’s Deal Center
By accessing Vitrina’s Deal Center, you acknowledge and agree that you may receive information from other users (the “Disclosing Party”) relating to the business of the Disclosing Party (which may include, without limitation, business, financial or technical information about the Disclosing Party or other information about customer and product development plans (collectively, the “Proprietary Information” of the Disclosing Party).
You hereby agree (i) to hold the Proprietary Information in confidence and to take commercially reasonable precautions to protect such Proprietary Information, (ii) not to divulge any such Proprietary Information or any information derived therefrom to any third person and only to your employees who have a clear need to know such information for purposes of the business relationship with the Disclosing Party, (iii) not to make any use whatsoever at any time of such Proprietary Information except to evaluate internally its relationship with the Disclosing Party, (iv) not to copy or reverse engineer any such Proprietary Information and (v) not to export or reexport (within the meaning of U.S. or other export control laws or regulations) any such Proprietary Information or product thereof and (vi) not make, directly or indirectly, any payment or promise to pay, or gift or promise to give or authorized such a promise or gift, of any money or anything of value, directly or indirectly, to (a) any foreign official (as such term is defined in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (the “FCPA”) for the purpose of influencing any official act or decision of such official or inducing him or her to use his or her influence to affect any act or decision of a governmental authority, or (b) any foreign political party or official thereof or candidate for foreign political office for the purpose of influencing any official act or decision of such party, official or candidate or inducing such party, official or candidate to use his, her or its influence to affect any act or decision of a foreign governmental authority, in order to assist the Company or any of its subsidiaries under circumstances which incur liability under the FCPA or any corresponding foreign laws. Without granting any right or license, the Disclosing Party agrees that the foregoing shall not apply with respect to any information after five years following the disclosure thereof or any information that you can document (i) is or becomes (through no improper action or inaction by you or any of your affiliates, agents, consultants or employees) generally available to the public, or (ii) was in its possession or known by it without restriction prior to receipt from the Disclosing Party, or (iii) was rightfully disclosed to it by a third party without restriction, or (iv) was independently developed without use of any Proprietary Information of the Disclosing Party. You may make disclosures required by law or court order provided you use diligent reasonable efforts to limit disclosure and to obtain confidential treatment or a protective order and allows the Disclosing Party to participate in the proceeding.
Immediately upon a request by the Disclosing Party at any time, you will turn over to the Disclosing Party all Proprietary Information of the Disclosing Party and all documents or media containing any such Proprietary Information and any and all copies or extracts thereof. You understand that nothing herein (i) requires the disclosure of any Proprietary Information of the Disclosing Party or (ii) requires the Disclosing Party to proceed with any transaction or relationship.
What about messaging?
As part of the Services, you may receive communications through the Services, including messages that Vitrina sends you (for example, via email or SMS). When signing up for the Services, you will receive a welcome message and instructions on how to stop receiving messages. By signing up for the Services and providing us with your wireless number, you confirm that you want Vitrina to send you information regarding your account or transactions with us, which may include Vitrina using automated dialing technology to text you at the wireless number you provided, and you agree to receive communications from Vitrina, and you represent and warrant that each person you register for the Services or for whom you provide a wireless phone number has consented to receive communications from Vitrina. You agree to indemnify and hold Vitrina harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to your breach of the foregoing.
Are there restrictions in how I can use the Services?
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not provide or contribute anything, including any Content or User Submission (as those terms are defined below), to the Services, or otherwise use or interact with the Services, in a manner that:
- infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Vitrina);
- violates any law or regulation, including, without limitation, any applicable export control laws, privacy laws or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Vitrina;
- is dangerous, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or offensive (including, without limitation, creating user accounts or communicating with any other users by automated means or under false pretenses or misleading others as to the origins of your communications);
- impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity;
- avoids, bypasses, disrupts, interferes with or circumvents any measure we employ to restrict, or enforce limitations on, the use of or access to the Services (including, without limitation, the number of daily searches that you may run);
- jeopardizes the security of your Vitrina User ID, account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Services as you);
- attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure);
- “crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- copies or stores any significant portion of the Content; or
- decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
Additionally, you agree that you will not post, upload, share, store, or otherwise provide through the Services any User Submissions that: (i) infringe any intellectual or proprietary rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.); (ii) contain sexually explicit content or pornography; (iii) contain hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory content or incite hatred against any individual or group; (iv) exploit minors; (v) depict unlawful acts or extreme violence; (vi) depict animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals; (vii) promote fraudulent schemes, multi-level marketing (MLM) schemes, get rich quick schemes, online gaming and gambling, cash gifting, work from home businesses, or any other dubious money-making ventures; or (viii) that otherwise violate any law.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
Are there any terms specific to me as a Provider?
No Provider may collect any information from or relating to Clients (“Client Information”), whether via the Services, in the course of offering or performing Provider Services, or otherwise, beyond what is necessary to offer or perform the Provider Services for the applicable Client from or about whom such Client Information was collected. Providers also must not use any Client Information beyond what is necessary to offer or perform the Provider Services for such applicable Client. Upon the conclusion of the Provider Services for a Client (or otherwise upon the request of such Client or Vitrina), Provider must properly destroy all Client Information from or relating to such Client and make no further use of it whatsoever. Providers must collect, use, maintain, and transmit all Client Information in compliance with all applicable laws. Additionally, you hereby represent and warrant the following:
- You will perform any Provider Services in a professional and workmanlike manner, in accordance with all applicable laws and any relevant, generally accepted industry practices and standards;
- Your Provider Services, and each and every part thereof, is an original work by you, or you have obtained all rights, licenses, consents and permissions necessary in order to fully exercise and exploit such Provider Services;
- Your Provider Services do not and will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or rights in confidential information; and
- No representation or warranty or other statement made by you in connection with the Provider Services contains or will contain any untrue statement of material fact or fails to state a material fact necessary for others (including, without limitation, Clients) to evaluate you as a Provider and your Provider Services.
What are my rights in the Services?
The materials displayed or performed or available on or through the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations, User Submissions (as defined below) and so forth (all of the foregoing, the “Content”) are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. You promise to abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content you access through the Services, and you won’t use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell, commercialize or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content not owned by you, (i) without the prior consent of the owner of that Content or (ii) in a way that violates someone else’s (including Vitrina’s) rights.
Subject to these Terms, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for any purpose other than using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You understand that Vitrina owns the Services. You won’t modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Section), create derivative works based on, or otherwise exploit any of the Services. The Services may allow you to copy or download certain Content, but please remember that even where these functionalities exist, all the restrictions in this Section still apply.
What about anything I contribute to the Services – do I have to grant any licenses to Vitrina or to other users?
Anything you post, upload, share, store, or otherwise provide through the Services is your “User Submission”. Some User Submissions may be viewable by other users. You are solely responsible for all User Submissions you contribute to the Services. You represent that all User Submissions submitted by you are accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Licenses to User Submissions
For all User Submissions, you hereby grant Vitrina a license to translate, modify (for technical purposes, for example, to conform and adapt those User Submissions to the technical requirements of connection networks, devices, services, or media) and reproduce and otherwise act with respect to such User Submissions, in each case to enable us to operate the Services, as described in more detail below. This is a license only – your ownership in User Submissions is not affected.
If you store a User Submission in your own personal Vitrina account, in a manner that is not viewable by any other user except you (a “Personal User Submission”), you grant Vitrina the license above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Personal User Submission for the sole purpose of making that Personal User Submission accessible to you and providing the Services necessary to do so.
If you share a User Submission in a manner that only certain specified users can view (for example, a private message to one or more other users) (a “Limited Audience User Submission”), then you grant Vitrina the licenses above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Limited Audience User Submission for the sole purpose of making that Limited Audience User Submission accessible to such other specified users, and providing the Services necessary to do so. Also, you grant such other specified users a license to access that Limited Audience User Submission, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Services.
If you share a User Submission publicly on the Services and/or in a manner that more than just you or certain specified users can view, or if you provide us (in a direct email or otherwise) with any feedback, suggestions, improvements, enhancements, and/or feature requests relating to the Services (each of the foregoing, a “Public User Submission”), then you grant Vitrina the licenses above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Public User Submission for any purpose. Also, you grant all other users of the Services a license to access that Public User Submission, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Services.
You agree that the licenses you grant are royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, and worldwide, but you understand and agree that it may not be possible to completely delete that content from Vitrina’s records, and that your User Submissions may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent that they were copied or stored by other users.
Finally, you understand and agree that Vitrina, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users (including you), may need to make changes to your User Submissions to conform and adapt those User Submissions to the technical requirements of connection networks, devices, services, or media, and the foregoing licenses include the rights to do so.
What if I see something on the Services that infringes my copyright?
In accordance with the DMCA, we’ve adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement. We reserve the right to (1) block access to or remove material that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
- Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements. If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Services infringes your copyright (or the copyright of someone whom you are authorized to act on behalf of), please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to Vitrina’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (our “Designated Agent,” whose contact details are listed below):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Vitrina is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material identified in (1)(c) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent. Upon receipt of a proper notice of copyright infringement, we reserve the right to:
- remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- notify the content provider who is accused of infringement that we have removed or disabled access to the applicable material; and
- terminate such content provider’s access to the Services if he or she is a repeat offender.
- Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent. If the content provider believes that the material that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or the content provider believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or, pursuant to the law, the content provider may send us a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of the content provider;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the content provider has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
- Content provider’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address, and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider’s address is located, or, if the content provider’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Vitrina is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Vitrina may, in its discretion, send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Vitrina may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider accused of committing infringement, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Vitrina’s discretion.
Please contact Vitrina’s Designated Agent at the following address:
VDO Vitrina, Inc.
Attn: DMCA Designated Agent
333 Ravenswood Avenue, #AE116, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Who is responsible for what I see and do on the Services?
Any information or Content publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Services is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated, and you access all such information and Content at your own risk, and we aren’t liable for any errors or omissions in that information or Content or for any damages or loss you might suffer in connection with it or any user that posted or transmitted such Content through the Services. We cannot control and have no duty to take any action regarding how you may interpret and use the Content or interact with other users or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content, and you hereby release us from all liability in connection with the foregoing. We can’t guarantee the identity of any users with whom you interact in using the Services and are not responsible for which users gain access to the Services.
You are responsible for all Content you contribute, in any manner, to the Services, and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so, in the manner in which you contribute it.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Services, including interactions with Providers or Clients, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such partnerships, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that Vitrina shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such partnerships.
The Services may contain links or connections to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Vitrina. When you access third-party websites or use third-party services, you accept that there are risks in doing so, and that Vitrina is not responsible for such risks.
If there is a dispute between participants on this site or Services, or between users and any third party, you agree that Vitrina is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release Vitrina, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Services. You shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542 or any similar law of any jurisdiction, which says in substance: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
Will Vitrina ever change the Services?
We’re always trying to improve our Services, so they may change over time. We may suspend or discontinue any part of the Services, or we may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services. We’ll try to give you notice when we make a material change to the Services that would adversely affect you, but this isn’t always practical. We reserve the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, if someone alleges you contributed that Content in violation of these Terms), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
Do the Services cost anything?
The Services may be free or we may charge a fee for using the Services. If you are using a free version of the Services, we will notify you before any Services you are then using begin carrying a fee, and if you wish to continue using such Services, you must pay all applicable fees for such Services. Note that if you elect to receive text messages through the Services, data and message rates may apply. Any and all such charges, fees or costs are your sole responsibility. You should consult with your wireless carrier to determine what rates, charges, fees or costs may apply to your use of the Services.
- Paid Services. Certain of our Services may be subject to payments now or in the future (the “Paid Services”). Please see our Paid Services page for a description of the current Paid Services. Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for a Paid Service are deemed part of these Terms.
- Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
- Recurring Billing. Some of the Paid Services may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that such Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, GO TO ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
- Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE AT ACCOUNT SETTINGS. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SERVICES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SERVICES AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
- Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
- Auto-Renewal for Paid Services. Unless you opt out of auto-renewal, which can be done through your account settings, any Paid Services you have signed up for will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. To change or resign your Paid Services at any time, go to account settings. If you terminate a Paid Service, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current term, and your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE CHARGED ON A RECURRING MONTHLY BASIS, YOU MUST CANCEL THE APPLICABLE PAID SERVICE THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS OR TERMINATE YOUR VITRINA ACCOUNT BEFORE THE END OF THE RECURRING TERM. PAID SERVICES CANNOT BE TERMINATED BEFORE THE END OF THE PERIOD FOR WHICH YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID, AND EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS, VITRINA WILL NOT REFUND ANY FEES THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID.
- Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Service reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Service.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to a Paid Service must be used within the specified time of the trial. You must stop using a Paid Service before the end of the trial period in order to avoid being charged for that Paid Service. If you cancel prior to the end of the trial period and are inadvertently charged for a Paid Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I want to stop using the Services?
Vitrina is also free to terminate (or suspend access to) your use of the Services or your account for any reason in our discretion, including your breach of these Terms. Vitrina has the sole right to decide whether you are in violation of any of the restrictions set forth in these Terms; for example, a Client who reasonably believes that a Provider may be in breach of these Terms is not able to enforce these Terms against that Provider (or vice versa).
Account termination may result in destruction of any Content associated with your account, so keep that in mind before you decide to terminate your account. We will try to provide advance notice to you prior to our terminating your account (to the extent allowed by law and these Terms), but we may not do so if we determine it would be impractical, illegal, not in the interest of someone’s safety or security, or otherwise harmful to the rights or property of Vitrina. Vitrina may cooperate with other users to allow them to fulfill any outstanding obligations to you at the time of termination of such user’s account.
If you have deleted your account by mistake, contact us immediately at email@example.com – we will try to help, but unfortunately, we can’t promise that we can recover or restore anything.
Provisions that, by their nature, should survive termination of these Terms shall survive termination. By way of example, all of the following will survive termination: any obligation you have to pay us or indemnify us, any limitations on our liability, any terms regarding ownership or intellectual property rights, and terms regarding disputes between us, including without limitation the arbitration provision.
What else do I need to know?
Warranty Disclaimer. Vitrina and its licensors, suppliers, partners, parent, subsidiaries or affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, consultants, contract employees, representatives and agents, and each of their respective successors and assigns (Vitrina and all such parties together, the “Vitrina Parties”) make no representations or warranties concerning the Services, including, without limitation, regarding any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and the Vitrina Parties will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services or any claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages or liabilities arising out of use of, or in any way related to your participation in, the Services. The Vitrina Parties make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through or in connection with the Services, including any Provider Services. Further, the Vitrina Parties make no representations or warranties regarding whether any Provider Services of any Provider violate any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other third party rights. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Vitrina cannot and does not review the Content related to any Provider, and none of the Vitrina Parties have any obligation to monitor the Services for Content or Provider Services that are inappropriate, that do or might infringe any third party rights, or have otherwise been provided in breach of these Terms or applicable law. THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED BY VITRINA (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) SHALL ANY OF THE VITRINA PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, (B) ANY SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY, (C) ANY AMOUNT, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF ONE-HUNDRED ($100) DOLLARS OR (D) ANY MATTER BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnity. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold the Vitrina Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to any claims relating to (a) your use of the Services (including any actions taken by a third party using your account), and (b) your violation of these Terms, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties made by you. In the event of such a claim, suit, or action against a Vitrina Party (“Claim”), we will attempt to provide notice of the Claim to the contact information we have for your account (provided that failure to deliver such notice shall not eliminate or reduce your indemnification obligations hereunder).
Assignment. You may not assign, delegate or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your Services account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without Vitrina’s prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations without consent.
Choice of Law. These Terms are governed by and will be construed under the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof.
Arbitration. Please read the following arbitration provision carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Vitrina and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from Vitrina. Both you and Vitrina acknowledge and agree that for the purposes of any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms, Vitrina’s officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (“Personnel”) are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Personnel will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third-party beneficiary hereof.
- Arbitration Rules; Applicability of Arbitration. The parties shall use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms directly through good-faith negotiations, which shall be a precondition to either party initiating arbitration. If such negotiations do not resolve the dispute, it shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in New York City, New York. The arbitration will proceed in the English language, in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “Rules”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes. The arbitrator shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Costs of Arbitration. The Rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. Vitrina will pay all arbitration fees for claims less than seventy-five thousand ($75,000) dollars. Vitrina will not seek its attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
- Small Claims Court; Infringement. Either you or Vitrina may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in New York City, New York or any United States county where you live or work. Furthermore, notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction, to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND VITRINA WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR JURY. You and Vitrina are instead choosing to have claims and disputes resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient, and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In any litigation between you and Vitrina over whether to vacate or enforce an arbitration award, YOU AND VITRINA WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, and elect instead to have the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor Vitrina is entitled to arbitration; instead all claims and disputes will be resolved in a court as set forth in (g) below.
- Opt-out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Section by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: 333 Ravenswood Avenue, #AE116, Menlo Park, CA 94025 postmarked within thirty (30) days of first accepting these Terms. You must include (i) your name and residence address, (ii) the email address and/or telephone number associated with your account, and (iii) a clear statement that you want to opt out of these Terms’ arbitration provisions.
- Exclusive Venue. If you send the opt-out notice in (f), and/or in any circumstances where the foregoing arbitration provision permits either you or Vitrina to litigate any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms in court, then the foregoing arbitration provision will not apply to either party, and both you and Vitrina agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the state or federal courts located in, respectively, New York City, New York, or the federal district in which that county falls.
- Severability. If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this arbitration provision will be null and void. This arbitration provision will survive the termination of your relationship with Vitrina.
Miscellaneous. You will be responsible for paying, withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties, and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services, provided that the Vitrina may, in its sole discretion, do any of the foregoing on your behalf or for itself as it sees fit. The failure of either you or us to exercise, in any way, any right herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of these Terms are found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. You and Vitrina agree that these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and Vitrina, and that these Terms supersede and cancel all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are not an employee, agent, partner, or joint venture of Vitrina, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Vitrina in any respect whatsoever.
Except as expressly set forth in the sections above regarding the arbitration provision, you and Vitrina agree there are no third-party beneficiaries intended under these Terms.
Vitrina uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.